Commercial 9.0 Update
- January 2014 (includes all prior updates)
1. Updated Nutritional Items to CN17 Database
2. Updated recipe nutritional analysis
Commercial 8.0 Update
- August 2012 (includes all prior updates)
1. Updated Nutritional Items to CN16 Database
2. Includes new USDA required Dietary Specifications.
3. Includes new USDA required reports showing calories, saturated fat, and
sodium and comparing the value to the dietary specification.
Commercial 7.0 Update
- June 2011 (includes all prior updates)
1. Updated Nutritional Items to CN15 Database
2. Fix for saving Nutritional Label with Ingredients List
3. Eliminate need for Maintenance Server on Client
Computer with Network Installation
Commercial 6.0 Update -
August 2010 (includes all prior updates)
1. Updated Nutritional Items to CN14 Database
2. Includes a new Nutrition Label for recipes with
ingredients listed at the bottom
Includes minor changes to USDA Recipes for Schools (Current customers can import
the recipes after updating the software)
Commercial 5.0 Update -
October 2009 (includes all prior updates)
1. Includes USDA Recipes for Schools (Current customers
can import the recipes after updating the software)
2. Increased the speed of a nutritional analysis.
units of measure will be created for all locally entered nutrition items.
4. New 'Export to Excel' for production record.
purchase unit cost will be updated when a vendor is reassigned during the
creation of a purchase order, if the vendors price is in the bid file.
6. The user will receive a message if two
inventory items have the same low bid.
7. Users are allowed to select formats to save recipe reports.
8. Enhanced Inventory Deleting feature.
Commercial 4.0 Update -
May 2009 (includes all prior updates)
1. Updated Nutritional Items to CN13 Database and USDA
2. Added a summary nutrition
3. Added a delete recipe feature. Users will
not be allowed to delete recipes assigned to menus.
4. Network installation will be looking
for logo in network installation directory.
5. Fixed Calendar order of recipes
to match original entry.
6. Added an inventory specification for updating purchase unit cost only.
7. Increased the number of menu recipes that can be imported in a menu
8. Fixed message for duplicate code/ID.
9. Added date to Landscape Recipe Report
10. Fixed display of RDI to show % rather than decimal amount
Commercial 3.25 Update -
September 2008 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added a pop-up Calculator (available from tools).
2. Added a units conversion tool
(available from tools).
3. Added HACCP Entry tool - User stores HACCP
Entries and selects to enter all that apply to a recipe.
4. Added 'Save
As' feature to save nutrition items as recipes when entering the item.
5. Added Recycle 1 day from a menu.
6. Added Date Served to Menu Recipes Landscape report
Menus and Recipes list to search for
all menus that contain a recipe.
8. Added ingredients report to recipe and menu
9. Added serving size to 'SaveAs' another recipe
Commercial 3.24 Update -
April 2008 (includes all prior updates)
1. Includes USDA Approval for NSMP in CN Version
2. Added an Invoice Report that
displays invoice records for a date range and selection of vendors. The
report can be exported to Excel.
3. Added 'Save As' feature to save inventory items
as different inventory items
4. Added 'Save
As' feature to save nutrition items as recipes.
5. Added messages to alert the user
if a nutritional item is scheduled to be deleted from the Child Nutrition
6. Added selection of units when entering a different quantity of an item
to be nutritionally analyzed.
7. Corrected ordering of recipes in menu report and printing of menu
8. Additional Menu Nutritional Reports with large font
9. Corrected error checking for CookenPro being open
Commercial 3.23 Update -
September 2007 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added Advanced Find for
2. Added ability to preview and print the results
of an Advanced Find search for nutritional items and recipes as well as the
nutritional analysis of all recipes in the search results.
3. Added the ability
to search by Recipe Code in the Advanced Find.
4. Added additional RDA sets
required by the USDA for Nutrient Standard Menu Planning software.-
Commercial 3.22 Update -
July 2007 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added ability to insert
ingredients when entering ingredients in a recipe.
2. Added ability to insert a recipe when planning a menu.
3. Advanced Find
for Searching for Recipes Added additional nutrients as possible search criteria.
Can now search by: Calories Fat Grams Sat Fat Grams Protein Grams Carbohydrate
Grams Calcium Iron Sodium Fiber Vitamin A
Vitamin C % Fat Nutritional
Item Code Primary
Inventory ID Ingredients
included or excluded
4. Find an Invoice now includes
both Date Purchased and Date Received
Commercial 3.21 Update -
January 2007 (includes all prior updates)
Calendar view for Menu
2. RDA Can add new RDA Sets such as requirements for pregnant women,
individuals over 50 etc Ships with RDA data required by USDA Child Nutrition Program New wizard for combining RDA Sets
Wizard Child Nutrition Database is available Can narrow search by source (USDA/Child Nutrition/Other) Can search by description or number Can enter moisture factor and fat factor and type for
4. Nutritional Analysis Added gram weight for each ingredient Added total gram weight for recipe Added gram weight per serving Added trans fat grams Added Nutrients per 100 grams Added ability to select RDA Type when viewing report Added new nutritional reports
5. Added child nutrition Buying
6. New wizard for combining RDA Set
7. Inventory Added a new tool for assigning multiple items to a storage
location Create Requisitions and Purchase Orders From: Menus - by
selection of menu items, a range of dates, or a specific meal Production
Schedule - by schedule or by production areas Sales - By
Cost Center and/or Date Range Can return items to vendor and view a return report
8. Added ability to add additional meal names and order the names.
Commercial 3.20 Update -
June 2006 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added Sales Requisition and
Production Requisition reports.
2. Added importing of invoices, including scanned invoices with
ability to make specifications for this process
Added ability to import scanned inventory with ability to
make specifications for this process.
4. Added ability to save a menu as another menu - 'Recycle Menu'
5. Added an additional format for
6. Added a comments field for each line
item on an invoice.
7. Changed to full screen display
Commercial 3.19 Update -
January 2006 (includes all prior updates)
1. All Spreadsheets can be saved
in Microsoft Excel format
2. All Reports can be filtered by date and all can be emailed.
3. Totals by
category are now available on the invoice
Navigation was reorganized for more access to
functions from the Menu Bar
Commercial 3.18 Update -
November 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Ordering Template now sorted
by Accounting Category first and Item second.
2. Ordering Template screen is maximized for ease of use and to
guard against premature closing of purchase order.
supplier item number to purchase order report and redesigned report.
4. Prompt user if they are trying
to run a reconciliation with any null quantity in the PU or IU fields.
5. Redesigned Cost Forecasting
Commercial 3.17 Update -
October 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added ability to order and
receive partial purchase units by entering fractions or decimals.
2. Added ability to record
partial Purchase Unit Quantities in Physical Inventory Reconciliation .
a Physical Inventory Reconciliation Worksheet that prints by Cost Center,
Location, and Shelf.
4. Added a Comments field to purchase
order for passing on messages to suppliers.
5. Added ability to easily change
all instances of a cookbook or category name.
6. Added ability to link like
ingredients in nutrition and costing wizards when ingredient unit is not the
7. Added many new reports with dollar quantity extensions accommodating
FIFO, LIFO or Current PU Cost Accounting Systems:
Inventory Cost by Accounting Category, Item, Date, or Supplier
Inventory Extensions by Category, Item, Location, or Shelf
Inventory History by Cost Center, Shelf, Day, Week, Month, Quarter, or Year
Reconciliation History Detail or Summary
8. Added total quantities on production module transfer report.
9. Fixed menu import where menu name is
larger than 50 characters.
Commercial 3.16 Update -
September 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Allow editing of saved
purchase order and invoice.
2. Allow new entries on saved purchase order and invoice.
update of assigned vendor and vendor's item number, if an item is added to
saved PO or invoice.
4. Added supplier name to inventory
5. Added supplier name when
finding a PO.
Commercial 3.15 Update -
August 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added Sales By Item Reports
2. Added Sysco Purchase Order Export which allows users to export a Sysco
Purchase order in a format that can be imported into Sysco's ordering system.
Added Nutrition Wizard Tool - 'Link Like Ingredients' This tools maps
any ingredients with the same name and the same unit to the nutrient the
ingredient viewed is mapped to and performs the calculation for the quantity.
Added Costing Wizard Tool - 'Link Like Ingredients' This tools maps any
ingredients with the same name and the same unit to the inventory item the
ingredient viewed is mapped to and performs the calculation for the quantity.
5. Fixed printed error in View Menu
6. Rounded ingredient quantity in
Edit a Recipe
Commercial 3.14 Update -
May 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added Recipe Cost Reports
Added Menu Cost Reports
3. Fixed bid import when more
than one specification entered.
Commercial 3.13 Update -
April 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added ability to transfer inventory
from one location to another. Transfer can be done either one item at a time
or for an entire stocking location if it has been established with restock
items. Example: transfer all of the restock inventory required for a location
from the storeroom to the storefront.
2. Added multiple vendor support for
inventory items. Use UPC code or in-house inventory number. When you select a
vendor that vendors item number is reproduced in the purchase order.
3. Added ability to import
vendor bids and update the assigned supplier to the supplier with the lowest
bid either on-demand or when purchase orders are generated.
4. Added ability to convert
inventory to sell items and sell items to inventory.
5. Added ability to maintain inventory
items at sell (or non-sell) locations with restock amounts. As these are
diminished by daily sales, replenish lists are creating with stock items that
need replenishment and required replenishment amounts.
6. Created ability to multiply a linked
recipe's ingredients by a fraction and have all of the ingredients in the
recipe be scaled by the fraction.
7. Added color difference to ingredients created by linking a recipe as an
ingredient in the current recipe.
8. Added "Shrinkage" report that shows difference between theoretical and
actual inventory extensions. Figures are shown in currency and highlighted in
red if there is a difference.
Update - January 2005 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added ability to use Recipes
as Ingredients and Inventory As Ingredients through the following process:
To Select Ingredient Name Drop-Down List:
Go to ‘Settings’ on the Menu Bar, click ‘Select Ingredient Name Drop-Down
List’ and select one of the following:
which will be the list of ingredients previously entered. An Ingredient can
also be typed in this box.
As Ingredients, which will include all recipes already entered into your
program. A quantity of ‘1’ and a unit name of ‘Recipes will automatically
be added and following this, all the ingredients in the recipe will be added.
The method for this recipe, which has been added as an ingredient, will be
added to the bottom of the page view, below the method for the main recipe.
which will include all inventory items entered in your program. The inventory
item entered as an ingredient will automatically link for purposes of costing.
2. Changes in ingredient
quantities will now automatically result in any nutritional or costing
information being updated.
3. Fiber has been added to the
retail menu report.
Update - November 2004 (includes all prior updates)
1. New sales reports by day,
week, month, year, or range of dates. User can print or email the reports.
2. Can sort menu price setting
reports (Percentage, Contribution, and Menu Engineering) by Cost Center.
3. Can sort menu price setting
reports (Percentage, Contribution, and Menu Engineering) by a range of dates.
Update - October 2004 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added ability to select an
accounting method for calculating inventory extensions: A) FIFO -
FIFO stands for 'First In First
Out.' The first items you bring into inventory will be the first ones
sold as product. FIFO is based on the principle that most
businesses tend to sell the first goods that come into inventory. B) LIFO - LIFO stands for 'Last In First Out.'
LIFO is based on
the assumption that the most recent units purchased will be the first units
sold. C) Current Purchase Unit Cost
2. Provided a method for deleting
Inventory History that is more than three months old
3. Added 'Lists' on the menu bar,
giving access to lists of inventory, recipes, menus, vendors and
locations/store in datasheet view.
4. Fixed extra line in inventory
history to excel.
5. Improved speed of Inventory Advanced Find.
6. Improved search and calculate functions in
nutrition and costing wizards. Link metric to US units and US units to
metric in costing wizard. Volume to weight ratios entered once will be
remembered by nutrition wizard.
Update - April 2004 (includes all prior updates)
Update - March 2004 (includes all prior updates)
1. Makes ready for 'Sales Module' 'Sales Module' includes: a) POS Import Wizard allows the user to
set the import specifications
makes possible the import of sales data from most POS hardware b)
Import/Export of POS Import Specifications c) Manual Entry of POS Data d) Posting of Sales to
Inventory e) Backing out posting of Sales
to Inventory f) Menu Price Setting
Menu Engineering Method e) Food Cost Percent of Sales
2. Inventory Import Wizardthat
allows the user to set the import specifications, making possible the
import of inventory from most vendors as well as from accounting packages
such as Quick Books. Inventory is updated when imported.
3. Import/Export of Inventory Import Specifications
4. Added the ability to change the amount in the RDI (recommended daily
intake) of nutrients.
Update - February 2004 (includes all prior updates)
1. Software can now be enabled to allow multiple users to share the same
database on a network. Users can work on the network or locally.
2. Improved interface, accessing all basic functions from Menu Bar.
3. Track costs at multiple Cost Centers/Locations.
4. Profit Per Entrée report has Food Cost Percent of Sell Price
5. Added Additional Reports: Perpetual Inventory (Current Inventory) Reconciliation History-Beginning, Purchased, and Ending Inventory
with Extension. Waste Report Detail of Purchases (Detail of each item purchased during a
reconciliation period) Summary of Purchases (Total Cost per Accounting Category with
percent of Total)
6. Add/Edit Units to control units that appear in the drop-down list for
7. Report settings allow printing recipes with or without nutritional
information and HACCP information.
8. Allow editing nutritional entries.
9. Fixed error in calculation of Carbohydrate percent for a menu’s daily
10. Can now save an inventory item as a recipe.
11. Added an Advanced Find for Inventory.
12. Export and import a ‘Master List’ of Inventory as well as new inventory.
13. Export and import inventory for a particular Cost Center.
14. Added a ‘Random Weight Wizard’ for calculating the cost of random weight
15. Added a ‘Par Wizard’ for calculating par.
16. Can record bids and view by item or supplier.
17. Can reconcile physical inventory for all cost center or for only an
individual cost center.
18. Can print and print preview invoices.
Commercial 3.06 Update - September 2003 (includes all prior updates)
1. Added direct calculation of metric quantities with nutrition and
2. Added ability to view Inventory Item by double clicking from costing.
3. Fixed error in costing that disabled calculation of "Dry" ingredients.
Commercial 3.05 Update - August 2003 (includes all prior updates)
1. Modified PO entry form to be friendlier. Added full-page review of
orders prior to saving PO. Made various forms larger, friendlier, fields
larger to display more data.
2. Added calendar wizard to ease entry of delivery dates for Purchase
3. Added random weight wizard to inventory for calculation and maintenance
of catch weight prices.
4. Added track inventory costs by catch weight price to reporting.
5. Posts to inventory requests user to update prices, including catch
weight prices, if any differ.
6. Added multi-location support for replicating inventory for multiple
physical delivery locations from already entered data.
7. Added Global Setting to add nutritional information to print and view
8. Add global setting to turn off/on unit upsizing. Don't unit upsize
tablespoons, teaspoons if less than or equal to 5.
9. Added "Save As" functionality, which allows saving a recipe and
specifying new servings and new yield. All ingredients are upsized as well.
Useful for making copies of recipes, for establishing recipes that vary
slightly, or for batch operations.
10. Added the ability of the nutrition wizard to calculate equivalent
quantities of USDA database items for a recipe's ingredients. Includes
ability to figure USDA equivalents to metric quantities.
11. Improved ability of nutrition and costing wizards to search for
equivalent items and make conversions if previous entry has a unit of measure
capable of being converted.
12. Made entry of food items to nutrition database friendlier.
13. Moved up to USDA SR nutrition database. Made existing users'
nutrition database ready for SR15 update to come later.
14. Fixed Menu Planning Create Inventory calculations, when calculating
certain decimal quantities. Fixed same calculation error in inventory
requisition generation from menu plan.